What to do if you have no heat...
Before you call in for No-Heat service please check the following:
- Check that you have Oil or Propane in your tank. We may ask what percent your gauge is reading.
- Check breakers and ensure all Electrical Switches are on. Including the emergency shut off switch, typically located near the heating appliance or at the top of basement stairs.
- Check that all vents and intakes are free and clear of obstructions such as ice, snow, bees, etc..
- Check that the thermostat batteries are in working order.
- Turn the thermostat temperature up to see if your furnace/boiler will come on. It may be that the thermostat is in a warmer area of your home and is not calling for heat. Electric space heaters, woodstoves, and pelletstoves may cause this to occur.
- If you smell gas in your home or near your tank please turn your tank off and call the office for immediate assistance.
Once you have gathered the above information please call our office at 877-2661. If it is after hours you will be prompted to leave a message for our on call technician. "Will call" customers who run out of fuel and require an immediate delivery will be charged a service fee.
Jackman Fuels, Inc
205 Main Street
Vergennes, VT 05491
Phone: 802 877 2661
We are here to help you plan for the future! Let us know if you are thinking of replacing an existing unit or need help budgeting for heating costs.
Aboveground fuel storage tanks:
If you have concerns regarding the condition of your Oil tank please contact our office. We can schedule an inspection of your tank and let you know if you need to make upgrades. If your tank appears in good working order you can wait to have it inspected at your next annual cleaning. You may not apply for financial assistance for tank upgrades until we have inspected your tank. For more information give us a call.
To ensure continued deliveries and service you must keep your account current. Customers with an over 60 day balance should contact our office to discuss a plan to get back on track.